Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

July 28, 2008

Dancing Days

Today was the beginning of DANCE FUSION week at our studio. I was/am so excited to finally take class and actually dance.

Dance Fusion is a dance company out of California. They come every year to give the students... and teachers choreography and to challenge them in their technique. It is awesome opportunity as a teacher because we are there to "supervise" yet we get to take class for FREE!



At 9 am we started Ballet. At 9:05 I was already sweating. NO JOKING! For an hour we did ballet, then another hour of tap, then another hour of jazz, and another hour of turns and jumps. I left early. I figured I needed to save my muscles if I was planning to attend the rest of the week.
It was an extremely humbling experience. Let's just say I could not do anything without falling down or getting dizzy. It is crazy that it has been a year since I have really trained.





BUT!!! I am looking forward to the end of the week because my super sweet husband purchased a massage for me. WHOO HOO!



I will keep you updated on my progress and injury status.

3 comments:

A. Snodgrass said...

I'm excited for your week of training and classes! It's a great opportunity to get back in the swing of something you love.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. You will need the massage when the week is over! I was in 3 musicals in high school and show choir; I loved learning all the dances! My favorite was tap! I think it is so cool that you dance for a living (or teach)! Have fun and tell us all about your aches and pains this week!

The Wiggins Family said...

You need to do this to prepare for "So You Think You Can Dance." I really want to see you on that show. You would inspire the world. Love you girl and hope your feeling better. I can not even imagine.