Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

December 11, 2008

something to write about

We have just purchased two new computers.  I have zero pictures and I usually enjoy writing on topics that I have pictures for....so this is why it is hard for me to find something to write about.
However, we just got two new computers...HELLO! 
We are very excited to have two new mac babies in the family.  
I had an old ibook and it died a few months ago.  John has an old PC so we decided to upgrade.  He got a great deal through the university and we sure did take advantage of it. 

















I feel like such an American with new toys and TWO new toys that are not cheap.  It is always a bitter sweet moment for me to get new things.  






















I want to be generous with the monetary gifts we have been given but I also know it is not wrong to have nice things.  

I was reading in 2 Corinthians this morning about my Heavenly Dwelling place and how transient this life is and how eternal (which is a very long time) the unseen is.  

"Outwardly we are wasting away, but inwardly we are being renewed day by day."  
Am I?

I sometimes think that I am so focused on stuff (whether that be material things or my to do list)  that I am concentrating so much on the things that are wasting away.  I am very convicted that I have ceased thinking that Heaven is way cooler than my ___________. (new computers, christmas party, dog, work out schedule, cleaning house...) 

Anyway- there are some of my thoughts for today...I guess I always have something to write about.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great reminders that we all need! It is so easy to get caught up in "whatever" at the moment! This is a great truth and Christmas is just the time we need it!

Oh and I love the new computer! I need one so bad! How weird that both of ours died! I hope you didn't lose lots of pictures like I did! I think Blake may be able to recover them so I am still crossing my fingers!

Sharee Forman said...

Hey D...cool new computer! :) And thank you for that verse and your thoughts about the here and now versus the eternal. I'm always grateful for sweet reminders of Him in this world full of distractions from Him!! Hey, would you also email me your address? I'd love to send yall a christmas card and don't have it saved. Thanks girl! Oh, email it to: justinandsharee@tx.rr.com.thanks!