Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

February 18, 2008

3 miles forward, 1,000 calories back.

So I have decided to run a half marathon in Louisville, KY. I have 10 weeks to get into shape to go this distance. I knew I wanted to run the race back in December and the last time I ran was back in December.

I am in BIG trouble.

For the last 3- 4 weeks I have either been sick or recovering from being sick. For the last two months, the weather has been less than ideal (for me) to run in. But today I decided that 13 miles will take forever if I have to walk 11 of them.

I got online to see if there were any training programs for procrastinators. I found one that maybe happened to mention that you needed to already have a good running foundation, which I DID. For me, this counts. So I went for a run and almost passed out, but I did it. 3 miles at a 9:50 pace.

For me, it will not be about time, but about crossing the finish line and getting one of those really cool foil wrap things. I always wanted one of those!

Staying on point- I came home, stretched, showered, and decided to make something healthy for lunch. What better than "Healthy Choice" chicken noodle soup. Low Sodium of course, I add that later! Now feeling warm and good about myself, I thought I would have a banana for dessert

with peanut butter........

with a small portion of the mega cookie.....

covered in peanut butter!

AHH- there goes my run- well, at least the benefit of the weight loss. Tomorrow is another day.

Hopefully, not a another cookie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you that you are getting Diesel this weekend! Will he just be 8wks? Where are you getting him from? I am so excited for you! We are going to have to do lots of talking about our Weims!

Anonymous said...

You can email me! ecraig@live.com
I sit in front of the computer all day so feel free! That way we can talk puppy talk!

Anonymous said...

I love your new header picture! You 2 are so cute! Okay now it looks like I am the one stalking you! haha