Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

February 17, 2008

SPICY

In the last two years I have tried three times to start a blog. I thought that I would have trouble coming up with things to write about. I think being married will solve this problem.

Like I said earlier, I have been quite figity today. My husband has been super great and very compliant with all of my demands to get out the energy, aka. -->Patient time at Target.
He also thought he would be sweet and cook dinner for us.

There is a recipe using shrimp from Cooking Light that we used a few months ago and loved. As he prepared the ingredients, he asked me where certain things were and if we had this or that. Usually, we are always missing one ingredient but we seem to always manage. "Always" has now changed to "usually."

Things my husband learned tonight:

1) Chili powder does not = Cayenne pepper!
2) Too much Cayenne pepper put into a hot pan can cause a hacking cough....to all nearby.
3) This dish is not good with Cayenne pepper.

We each managed to eat ONE shrimp. Let's just say my eyebrows were waxed for free this month. We gave the shrimp a bath in running water and STILL ATE THEM! Who does that? Anyway, they were edible but did not taste good. He is still my super hero.

My husband likes it spicy but even he could not handle it. He once tried to kill our Sunday school class with his spicy enchiladas.

Anyone know any good cooking substitutes?

We are still coughing two hours later.

4 comments:

A. Snodgrass said...

This post made me laugh, and the closest substitute I can think of for chili would be Ground Comino...

A. Snodgrass said...

Okay, I just checked out the recipe - it looks really good!

The Wiggins Family said...

This is why it's important to have the right ingredient.... too funny! I can only imagine those thiings were blowing your heads off. hahaha

The Secret Life of Kat said...

My favorite substitute is Chinese takeout.