Well- that WAS the plan.
After getting only two hours of sleep on Wednesday, John and I got up at 3:30 and headed to the airport at 4 am. When we checked in they said the flight might be cancelled due to Maintenance. So my friend Hannah and I waited at the gate. About twenty min later, we were told it was cancelled. I called John, who had just turned into our neighborhood, and told him to come get me.
While we were waiting for our bags back downstairs we overheard a crew member say something like, "Okay, Cleavland is a go, have a nice flight!"
ME: "Excuse me. Did you say that the Cleavland flight is going?"
CREW: "Yep, getting ready to pull away for the gate."
I called John letting him know the "great" news.
CREW: "Oh, but you can't make it, it is already leaving and they took you off the flight because you said you weren't going."
The Lexington Airport is small. The same people that check you in also let you on the plane at the gate so you would think they would know what is going on and be able to communicate with.... well, themselves!
Anyway, we tried to reschedule flights, but by the time we would have arrived at SYTYCD, we were not sure if they would have still let us into the audition.
Luckily, we lost no money on the flight or the hotel. We did loose $50 in snack foods but I gladly ate them anyway.
THE good news was that I got to spend the rest of my week with John who had the week off. I was worried that I would not get back in time for Easter and that in itself would have been disappointing.
I was not THAT upset about the whole thing. I basically decided on MONDAY that I would give it a shot. I was not prepared and was planning on making up the dance as I went.
Maybe next year.... if I can still move I guess.
So You Thing You Can STILL Dance.. Dance.. Dance.. Dance..